Well if not, you’ve a few days left to sweep your loved one off their feet this Valentines.
Here’s some options from around the country for a romantic getaway, or I call them, a good nights sleep.
I do a weekly feature on Newstalk, I mostly talk about TV and Netflix but this week I’ve branched out into affairs of the heart, Valentines deals to win over the one you love.
So if you’re in the market for a fabulous romantic escape, keep scrolling, I’ve some absolute beauts.
Melt hearts this Valentine’s Day and escape to the Ice House in Ballina, Co. Mayo
- One night’s stay in a luxurious river view room with chilled bubbles and chocolate treats on arrival, a leisurely breakfast, a romantic dinner and an outdoor couples Seaweed Bath overlooking the River Moy in Chill Spa’s unique thermal garden.
The Valentine’s Day package is available from the 10th -17th February 2017 and starts from €337 based on two sharing. For more info visit
The Love Actually package at Farnham Estate Spa and Golf Resort
- Prosecco and chocolate dipped strawberries in your room on arrival.
- Visit the spa’s beautiful outdoor infinity pool in the evening to watch the sun set. The Water Mint Thermal Suite and relaxation rooms will help you recharge for dinner in the Botanica Restaurant, where the best of local produce is used to create seasonal menus. A glass of wine in the atmospheric Cellar Bar provides the perfect end to a lovely day together.
- Retire to your room to discover a rose petal turn down service and Farnham Estate bath salts and body scrub to help you unwind for a blissful night’s sleep. Arise the next morning to enjoy a leisurely breakfast.
The Love Actually one night package is available from €140 per person sharing on Wednesday 14th February 2018 and includes bed and breakfast,
Are you thinking of popping the question?
How about The Perfect Proposal in Ballynahinch Castle in Connemara
Pop the all-important question on the top of nearby Diamond Hill with the seamless assistance of Ballynahinch Castle.
Here’s the ultimate wedding proposal idea – pop the question in spectacular fresh air fashion, right at the top of the appropriately named Diamond Hill, next door to Ballynahinch Castle in Connemara’s gorgeous National Park.
The picnic butler from Ballynahinch Castle will be waiting at the summit of Diamond Hill with a specially prepared picnic basket full of treats and a bottle of chilled champagne. Having set the scene, he will make himself scarce during the all-important proposal, but will return once everything has been satisfactorily settled. While he packs away after the most romantic picnic ever, the newly betrothed make their way back to Ballynahinch for a celebratory candlelit dinner in the handsome Owenmore Restaurant.
With two nights bed and breakfast in one of Ballynahinch Castle’s lovely Riverside rooms with views over the river, the Diamond package including the picnic butler proposal and celebratory candlelit dinner costs from €445 per person.
Enjoy a Starry-Eyed Break with your loved one this Valentines at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa
Enjoy a twinkling, sparkling, starry break with your loved one this Valentine’s at Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa.
The stunning setting of Inchydoney Island Lodge & Spa overlooking the wild waves of the Atlantic Ocean and beautiful beach of Inchydoney, makes the perfect romantic backdrop in itself for your Valentine’s break, and the hotel have added in plenty of extras to ensure an unforgettable getaway:
- A beautiful guestroom with your own private balcony with sea views;
- A candlelit dinner in The Gulfstream Restaurant overlooking Inchydoney beach;
- A Diamond and Gold Skin Revival Facial for the ladies and a Sensual Elemis Back Massage for the gents as well as Afternoon Tea for two. This break costs from €330 per person sharing.
How about treating your Prince or Princess to a castle getaway?
Clontarf Castle have a you sorted.
Whisk your loved one away to a 12th century castle. Let the fairy-tale begin as you wander up the leafy driveway to catch your first glimpse of the impressive facade, continue through the dramatic atrium lobby and step into the magical world of Clontarf Castle Hotel Just 10 minutes from Dublin city Centre.
- Chilled champagne and decadent chocolates await you in your room on arrival.
- At your leisure take the time to follow the impressive art trail, uncovering a series of intriguing pieces as you stroll through the open and hidden areas of the hotel, afterwards discuss your favourite pieces over a glass of wine or perhaps try the wonderful Fusion Afternoon Tea experience.
- The Romantic Rendezvous Valentine’s package is available from €289 per person sharing (minimum 2-night stay required) and includes bed and breakfast, with one dinner on the night of your choice in the Fahrenheit Restaurant and chilled champagne, rose petals and handmade chocolates on arrival. Prior booking and reservations are essential.
Clontarf Castle Hotel combines the perfect blend of old and new, mixing tradition and history with contemporary luxury. Visit clontarfcastle.ie or call 01 8332321.
Last but not least a quick date night idea that won’t break the bank.
IRISH WHISKEY MUSEUM , COLLEGE GREEN, DUBLIN.
Plan something a little different this Valentine’s weekend and woo your loved one with Candlelit Tales’ Wicked Games night at the Irish Whiskey Museum on Friday February 16th. Forget dinner for two and enjoy an evening with tales of romance, deception, trickery, love trysts and some very wicked games in the gorgeous setting of the Victorian Bar at the museum. From tales of yore in the Victorian bar to a guided tasting in the tasting bar, you and your date will finish the night with a whiskey tasting as an expert from the Irish Whiskey Museum guides you through three Irish Whiskeys.
Candlelit Tales: Wicked Games night is on Friday February 16th from 8pm – 9:15pm and includes storytelling and whiskey tasting from €12-€18 per person.
You can listen to the full chat from Mondays show on Newstalk about all the hotels have to offer and my TV pick of the week here